The Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE) is pleased to announce the fourth release of Reportable Conditions Knowledge Management System (RCKMS) content for all nationally notifiable conditions (NNCs). RCKMS stores comprehensive information on public health reporting requirements and acts as a decision support service (DSS) to determine if a potential case is reportable and to which jurisdiction(s). RCKMS is part of an initial implementation of a centralized infrastructure for electronic case reporting (eCR). Please use the information provided below to access a shared folder containing the RCKMS content documents and guidance:
The RCKMS Content Release 4 materials are available at https://rckms.org/content-repository/ under “RCKMS Content Release Materials,” and include the following components:
- Word documents containing the reporting specifications for conditions [RCKMS Reporting Specification Documents folder]
- Guidance documents with detailed information about the RCKMS content [README Files folder]
- Information about Reportable Condition Trigger Codes (RCTC) for 89 conditions* (condition categories listed below) [Reportable Condition Trigger Codes (RCTC) folder]:
- Bloodborne Diseases (4)
- Enteric Conditions (14)
- Healthcare-Associated Infections (4)
- Opioid Overdose and Poisoning (Injuries)
- Neurologic and Toxin-Mediated Conditions (2)
- Respiratory Conditions (7)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (5)
- Systemic Conditions (4)
- Conditions caused by Toxic Effects of Non-Medicinal Substances (4)
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases (17)
- Zoonotic and Vectorborne Diseases (27)
- RCKMS value sets published in the National Library of Medicine’s (NLM) Value Set Authority Center (VSAC) (https://vsac.nlm.nih.gov/).
Please read the guidance documents in the README Files folder for detailed information about interpreting the RCKMS reporting logic, RCTC, accessing RCKMS value sets in VSAC, and RCKMS condition codes.
*Note: Please refer to RCKMS Conditions.20200608.xslx in the README Files folder for a list of conditions available in RCKMS.
How to submit your questions, feedback, and change requests for RCKMS Content:
- If you have any questions or feedback about the RCKMS content, please submit it here: RCKMS Ticket.
- If you would like to request changes or additions to RCKMS reporting criteria, RCKMS value sets, or RCTC to meet your jurisdiction’s reporting needs, please submit your request here: RCKMS Ticket.
- The deadline to submit any requests for changes/additions to RCKMS reporting criteria, RCKMS value sets, or RCTC included in this release is Friday, October 2, 2020.
Note: Feedback and change requests received by the deadline will be considered by the RCKMS Content Team and may be incorporated into the next content release.
Additional information about jurisdictional authoring schedules and guidance for RCKMS users is forthcoming.
CSTE RCKMS Team