The Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE) is pleased to announce the fifth release of Reportable Conditions Knowledge Management System (RCKMS) content for electronic case reporting (eCR) of 82 nationally notifiable conditions (NNCs) and 17 non-notifiable conditions. RCKMS stores comprehensive information on public health reporting requirements and acts as a decision support service (DSS) to determine if a potential case is reportable and to which jurisdiction(s). RCKMS is an integral part of the centralized infrastructure supporting eCR across the country.
There are currently 89 conditions available within the RCKMS Authoring Tool and in March 2021, 99 conditions will be available for authoring by jurisdictions after the addition of 10 new conditions in this content release (listed below):
- Acanthamoeba Disease (excluding keratitis)
- Balamuthia mandrillaris Disease
- Extrapulmonary Nontuberculous Mycobacteria Infections
- Latent TB Infection
- Non-pestis Yersiniosis
- Primary Amebic Meningoencephalitis
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)-Associated Mortality
Please use the information provided below to access a shared folder containing the RCKMS content documents and guidance:
The RCKMS Content Release materials are available, which you can find here under “RCKMS Content Release Materials”, and include the following components:
- Word documents containing the reporting specifications for conditions [RCKMS Reporting Specification Documents folder]
- Guidance documents with detailed information about the RCKMS content [README Files folder]
- Information about Reportable Condition Trigger Codes (RCTC) for 99 conditions* (condition categories listed below) [Reportable Condition Trigger Codes (RCTC) folder]:
- Bloodborne Diseases (4)
- Enteric Conditions (15)
- Healthcare-Associated Infections (4)
- Opioid Overdose and Poisoning (Injuries)
- Neurologic and Toxin-Mediated Conditions (2)
- Parasitic Diseases, not elsewhere classified (3)
- Respiratory Conditions (10)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (5)
- Systemic Conditions (5)
- Conditions caused by Toxic Effects of Non-Medicinal Substances (4)
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases (17)
- Zoonotic and Vectorborne Diseases (29)
- RCKMS value sets published in the National Library of Medicine’s (NLM) Value Set Authority Center (VSAC) (https://vsac.nlm.nih.gov/)
Please read the guidance documents in the README Files folder for detailed information about interpreting the RCKMS reporting logic, RCTC, accessing RCKMS value sets in VSAC, and RCKMS condition codes.
*Note: New RCKMS Content for 10 non-notifiable conditions is included in this release. Please refer to RCKMS Conditions. 20210129.xslx in the README Files folder for a list of conditions available in RCKMS.
How to submit your questions, feedback, and change requests for RCKMS Content:
- If you have any questions or feedback about the RCKMS content, or would like to request changes or additions to RCKMS reporting criteria, RCKMS value sets, or RCTC to meet your jurisdiction’s reporting needs, please submit your request here: RCKMS Ticket.
- The deadline to submit any requests for changes/additions to RCKMS reporting criteria, RCKMS value sets, or RCTC included in this release is Friday, April 23, 2021.
Note: Feedback and change requests received by the deadline will be considered by the RCKMS Content Team and may be incorporated into the next content release.
Additional information about jurisdictional authoring schedules and guidance for RCKMS users is forthcoming.
CSTE RCKMS Team